COVID-19 has had a great impact on educational institutions. The government settled the new guidelines for the new school lives and for basic pandemic prevention. Here puts the guidelines and useful sites for students to study by themselves for supporting their study.
1. When the school is temporarily closed
As a general rule, if a student or a teacher is found to be infected, part or all of the school will be temporarily closed until a close contact is identified by the health center. Subsequent measures will differ depending on the infection situation in the school and area.
2. School infection control
Each school settles a health management system in cooperation with school doctors and school pharmacists, such as thorough ventilation, use of masks, and cough etiquette.
3. Is it mandatory to wear a mask at school?
4. Things to care when your child goes to school
Before going to school, check the temperature and cold symptoms every morning. If you have a cold symptom, you may have to absent school after contacting and consulting with the school. In that case, it will not be treated as absent.
For students with underlying illness, consult your doctor or school doctor. If it is determined that attendance should not be made, it will not be considered as “absence days”.
5. Worried about delays in education
Where each school responds so that there is no significant delay in student learning. It is considered necessary to build an educational system that combines various devices such as teaching materials using tablets, including home study. The school board and the school are informed to take all possible measures as a supplementary lesson.
6. Worried about the impact on the exam
【For More Details】
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan. “Package of Emergency Economic Measures.”
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan. “Education in JApan beyond the crisis of COVID-19-Leave no one behind-.”
There are various online study contents provided by MEXT, educational industry and others. See the following websites and try them.
※These are for students but not particularly for foreign students.
This is for students who learn Japanese. Through this website, you can contact other students who are learning Japanese!
- Yahoo「Stay Homeポータル」
- 光文書院「デジタル教材プラットフォーム ひまわりポケット」
- 一般財団法人LINEみらい財団、学研ホールディングス、公共財団法人日本数学検定協会「LINE 学習支援公式アカウント」
This is for preschoolers, elementary school students, junior high and high school students. If you have an account on LINE, you can use this content. Search “LINEみらい財団” on the official accounts.